Call for Papers
ECA 2018 – Pittsburgh, PA – April 25-29
Communication Administration Interest Group
The Communication Administration Interest Group of the Eastern Communication Association is now accepting paper and panel submissions for the April 25-29 conference in Pittsburgh, PA. The 2018 convention theme is “Building Bridges.”
The Communication Administration Interest Group encourages discussion, study, criticism, research, and the application of principles of education administration to the communication disciplines. This year’s theme is particularly appropriate for considering the role of administration in encouraging the building of bridges across numerous contexts. While submissions related to the convention theme are encouraged, any submission is welcome. To that end, Communication Administration is now accepting empirical and analytical papers as well as panel submissions that explore the role of the administration in communication departments. Quantitative, qualitative, critical, and rhetorical scholars are welcome to submit individual papers or panels.
Below are guidelines for competitive paper and panel submissions.
Submission of Completed Papers
Email individual submissions of complete papers using the following guidelines:
- Email all submissions (.docx or .pdf) to the Communication Administration Interest Group Planner, Andrew Herman, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading of “ECA Submission.”
- Submit one file for your title page with the title and author(s) of the paper, as well as the author’s affiliation, mailing address, telephone number, and email If the paper has multiple authors, please indicate who will be presenting at the convention.
- Attach a second file with the body of the paper and all identification of authorship removed. Include a one-page abstract and statement of professional responsibility (see below) on the second page of your paper.
- Place the word “Debut” on all papers written by authors who have not presented previously at a regional or national
Submission of Program/Panel Proposals
Submission of program/panel proposals should include the following elements:
- A thematic title for the program.
- Names of the chair and respondent (if any). Chairs should not also be designated as as respondents.
- Names, institutional affiliations, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses of all all participants.
- Titles and abstracts for each paper or presentation.
- A program copy (no more than a 75-word description) of the panel as it should appear in the final appear in the final program.
- A detailed rationale for the program/panel.
- A statement of professional responsibility for each panel member (see below).
Statement of Professional Responsibility
The following statement MUST be included with every submission of a paper or panel in order for it to be eligible for review. Failure to do so may delay or exclude the acceptance of a submission.
In submitting the attached paper or proposal, I/We recognize that this submission is considered a professional responsibility. I/We agree to present this panel or paper if it is accepted and programmed. I/We further recognize that all who attend and present at ECA’s annual meeting must register and pay required fees.
Please email all submissions (MS Word or PDF files) to Andrew Herman at email@example.com by October 15, 2017 at 11:59PM U.S. Eastern time. Please include the words “ECA submission” in the email subject line.